Friday, February 10, 2006

A VERY EXCITING MORNING

This morning very early there was a truck behind our house working on the power lines.. it woke up both me and Abigail. They soon left and were on their way. Around 11:00 this morning I was sitting at my computer and I heard a very LOUD BOOM!!!! Soon after I hear the doorbell ringing... my neighbor was telling us their was a fire behind our house. Brian already was on the phone with 911 (ok I have to complain here.. it took over 3 minutes for 911 to answer... I know we are low crime St. Tammany Parish, but COME ON!!!!! That is SUPER scary to me if someone had broke into my house etc.. 3 minutes is a long time and alot of things can happen in 3 minutes!!) Anyway they called the fire department out. They took a while to put the fire out bc they didn't want to drive over the wire that was down. It didn't burn much excpet the brush and the pole so that was good. We didn't have power so we left for the afternoon to go to lunch and run a couple of errands. By the time we came home the power was back on. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the fire and the firetrucks, that would have been much more exciting... for now these will have to do.

This is the transformer that blew up. Brian saw the ball of fire when it blew. He was working at our kitchen table.


Here are the electircal people all standing around --- I guess they were trying to decide what to do... They didn't look like they were doing much of anything!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have to say that our 911 responded in about the same time when I called for the Nicky choking incident. I'm glad that he had puked up whatever he was choking on!
Glad that you all are safe!