Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ER and Rub a Dub THREE girls in a tub

Well I haven't posted about our ER trip while in Denver. I really haven't had a chance to. The I think 2nd night we were in the cabin we put all three girls in the tub together. There were sliding glass doors on the tub. I went to slide the door back and the whole thing fell off the track and into the tub onto Abigail's foot. It was HORRIBLE. Within a minute she had a dark blue line on her foot. While Shannon had superwoman strength holding the door I got all the kids out of the tub. We had to rush Abigail to an ER in the next town over (30 minutes) while Brian held ice on her foot. The people in the ER were the nicest ER staff I had ever met. Except for the fact that they kept asking us the story over and over again. I realize my child had food all over her face (we had JUST put them in the tub) she looked a complete mess and it was an odd story. BUT if I was abusing my child would I come up with such a CRAZY story??? I know it's their job, but while they are questioning you it's hard to look at it that way. After they gave her a popcicle she calmed down and they had us let her try to walk on it. She imediately took off. After looking at her Xrays....the Dr. said it wasn't broken.
In these pics-- the shower door is gone...Shannon had them come remove them and put up a shower curtain while we were gone.
Thanks Mr. Cliff for driving us to the ER!!!


6 comments:

steele family said...

poor baby, how is the foot feeling/looking now? so glad that you were there with people who knew the town and where to go to.

NIKKI said...

It's still bruised but it doesn't seem to even bother her. Just scared us to death!!!!

Jamie said...

Oh my! How scary!

Melissa said...

How scary! Glad she's ok!

Unknown said...

Oh no!! Poor Abigail. I'm glad she's okay!!

Elizabeth said...

Thats scary...Glad she's okay.