Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mommy learned a lesson

Ok so I am always learning new things as a first time mom...... New rule BEFORE I get the girls dressed to go swimming, and out in the backyard......I need to go feel the water in the pool. It was warm yesterday afternoon..... COLD this morning. I wasn't even going to put them in but they started freaking out when I wasn't putting them in it.
It was already a HUGE ordeal to get them dressed today. I dressed Abigail first and she peed on the floor while I was getting Amelia dressed and sun screen on . THEN as I was getting the towels etc. ready they both peed on the floor at the same time!!!! Yep I had given them juice cups to keep them occupied while I got everything we needed... guess that is the second lesson learned... don't get them ready until I am COMPLETELY ready to walk out the back door. One day I'll have it mastered!
I grabbed my camera fast but Abigail had already sat down. Not the greatest pic, but you get the picture..... I wanted to grab both of them before they started to get in it.
Thank god the carpet is coming up soon!!!
I got used to the water pretty quick and I think they did too, but I still didn't let us stay in too long. They had a blast even though it was cold.



Amelia started splashing as soon as I sat her down... look at that face... she was definitely in shock of the cold water!
I think she was praying for the water to warm up.

Abigail is always cold when we pull her out of the tub. She tried standing most of the time we were in there. She was walking around clapping her hands talking the whole time. If she went to fall she would gasp before she even fell in the water.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't even want to tell you how much pee has been on our floor, good thing we don't have carpet! ;-)

Unknown said...

Ah... the joys of motherhood.