Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Two weeks until the girls are one!!!


Two weeks from today until the girls turn one!! I can hardly believe it! This has been one CRAZY AMAZING year!! The next two weeks I am planning on posting all my favorite pics in the past year... check back often--- I will be putting up quite a few pics since I took a few million the first year! :)




A few minutes before the girls were born... I was HUGE!!!! My preggo pics were on my computer that fried...a friend is working on retrieving them for me... I think I might have some saved on shutterfly too!

This was the most AMAZING and WONDERFUL moment inmy life. For those of you who have known me for a long time know that my lifetime goal has always been to be a stay at home mom. When I started having miscarriages, I really was so devastated that my dream would never come true. To be able to have TWO babies put in my arms just a few minutes after they were born was just an unbelievable feeling!! I really don't think I could be given many more things in my lifetime and feel more complete than I do with my two girls!

RIGHT after they were born.. their faces look so swollen to me now. I thought they were so beautiful right after they were born... now looking back they looked much prettier in a few days! So many people thought they were identical in the beginning. Brian and I never thought they were!

Proud Daddy the first night.

Can't remember which one this is! What a wonderful moment to FINALLY have them in my arms and getting to look at them!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think you might have a preggo one still on the Hughes group, but I don't know how you would get it to here. That's a good idea posting pics from the whole year!

Unknown said...

Oh Nikki, that is such a sweet post! It is hard to believe that was a year ago. You are so right about right after you have your baby. I will never forget it...the most amazing wonderful day of my life. I still get teary eyed thinking about Lilly's birth!! I am looking forward to all the pictures through their first year!

Elizabeth said...

I am sooo excited to see the pictures of earlier!